Framingham has a humid continental climate with warm summers and cold winters, which can be brutal. The average high temperature in July is 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32° Celsius) and the average low temperature in January is 8° Fahrenheit (-13° Celsius). That’s why proper AC maintenance in Framingham, MA is recommended where the residents can cool their houses down during the summer and warm them up in the winter.
Your home’s AC unit is just like a big air filter, and it needs to be checked periodically, cleaned out and its filters changed or at least monitored. This is necessary whether you have central heat and air conditioning or just a window unit, and Framingham homeowners should know that this work is recommended once every two months!
Why is AC Maintenance important?
If you ignore your unit’s maintenance needs for too long it’ll become overworked and broken down more quickly than usual. Your energy consumption will increase as well because you’ll have to run the unit all day instead of just when needed. Here are some reasons why you should get regular AC maintenance in Framingham, MA with Pro Comfort Control experts:
- Increased efficiency: A poorly maintained AC unit won’t run correctly, therefore most of the time it’ll just be running constantly, draining your energy costs.
- Humidity control: Your air conditioner is responsible for controlling the humidity levels in the house, but it can only do this if you clean out any obstruction that might prevent airflow.
- Healthier living conditions: A clogged-up filter blocks dust and other particles from being carried away by the ventilation system. That means these will instead circulate through your home’s rooms, impacting your health over time.
- Comfortability: If summertime temperatures frequently reach 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32° Celsius) or higher in Framingham, you might not be as comfortable as possible at those times thanks to a poorly maintained unit. That’s why regular AC maintenance is recommended.
- Recurring problems: If you have a window unit, it needs to be cleaned regularly to allow the interior components to cool down and stay cool over time. Otherwise, airflow is reduced and your unit might not work as well as a result, or stop running altogether.
So if it has been more than a year or if you’re experiencing some nagging issues with your air conditioning unit, then make sure you call our team of AC maintenance professionals to inspect it. At Pro Comfort Control, our highly skilled AC technicians are ready to assist you every step of the way! Call 508-955-4776 for more information.